Reference & Guidance
Our Reference & Guidance Department will assist youRead more
The National Library of Israel offers a variety of services to the public. Many of these services, such as the use of commercial databases and reference books in the reading rooms, as well as guided tours of the Library, do not require payment or registration.
Along with services offered on the premises, access is provided to thousands of items online, free of charge.
Staff librarians are available to answer questions and provide assistance.
The copy center provides readers with a range of services: photocopying and scanning with state-of-the-art equipment, microfilm and microfiche scanning equipment, a place to view VCR or DVD movies ordered from the storeroom as well as lamination and bookbinding. Various products can also be purchased here.
Visitors to the Library have access to a laptop loan service. These devices can be used within the National Library building. This service is provided to registered members only, and requires a deposit.
More information on our laptop loan service
The Library offers its visitors study rooms where they may study in a quiet environment. Each room has five seats and an LCD screen that can be hooked up to a laptop computer. The study rooms are located on the entrance floor and in the Judaica Reading Room.
Screen adapters for laptops are available on loan.
For details, please ask the Circulation Desk. You must be a registered member to loan an adapter (registration is free of charge).
Study Room Guidelines
Our study rooms are intended for groups of two people or more. They are to be used for purposes of study as well as online meetings.
They are not to be used as private study rooms for individuals.
• Rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. You may reserve a room
by signing up on the board outside the room. Rooms can be ordered up to one
week in advance.
• Each group may have the room for a maximum of two hours. Rooms can be reserved up to a week ahead of time.
• Groups that are over fifteen minutes late will lose their reservation.
• Do not reserve additional time slots under different members of the same group (likewise, do not use different names, pens or handwriting in an attempt to circumvent this restriction).
• As in the Library’s reading rooms, eating, drinking, cell phones, sleeping, and smoking are not allowed in the study rooms.
• Kindly respect the equipment in the study rooms and use it with care.
• The Library is not responsible for personal equipment that is brought into the study rooms.
• Please be careful with the equipment available in the study rooms and ensure that it is still in working condition when you are finished with your time in the room.
Staff librarians have the right to limit the use of the study rooms. Please adhere to their instructions.
The study rooms are for Library visitors.
Please help to maintain a quiet study environment.
Study rooms at the National Library of Israel, photo: Ofrit Assaf
The Library offers lockers for storage of your personal equipment.
The lockers are situated on the ground floor opposite the main reference desk.
3 Month Rent
6 Month Rent
12 Month Rent
To reserve a locker, click here.
For your information, the lockers are intended for storage of personal items, therefore please do not store the following items in them:
• Books or Library collection items apart from those loaned through the Circulation Desk.
• Any kind of weapon
• Food and drink
The lockers have been supplied by the "Lockeron" company and they are their property.
"Lockeron" are responsible for use of the lockers, including payment, contents and maintenance. The Library holds no responsibility regarding payment or damage done due to use of the lockers.
The Library has the authority to check the contents of the lockers when this is considered necessary.
Have you lost/found an item at the National Library?
Lost and found items are brought to Mr. Arik Leshem, our Head of Security.
Mr. Leshem's office is located on the entrance floor, behind the Reference Desk. Please coordinate your arrival ahead of time.
Contact info: [email protected] Tel.: 074-733-6160