The term "user" as follows constitutes any person who makes or accesses a connection to the service.
According to the copyright law in force in Israel, and pursuant to international treaties, copyright in the material provided by the service belongs to the National Library, unless explicitly stated otherwise. These rights apply, inter alia, to text. pictures, drawings, maps, audio tracts, video material, graphics and program applications (hereinafter: "the protected material"), unless stated explicitly that the copyright in the protected material belongs to another party.
The user may make "fair use" only of the protected material, as established by law. Such fair use includes quoting from the protected material in a reasonable manner.
When quoting from the protected material, the user must attribute the source of the quotation. The user may not alter, modify or in any other way change the protected material, and may not do any other act which might detract from the value of the protected material in a manner which would cast aspersion on the creator of the protected material.
Subject to the law of copyright, the user may not copy, redistribute, retransmit, publish, broadcast or publicly display protected material, without the prior written consent of the National Library.
The National Library respects your privacy, and is committed to protect any personal information it collects. The National Library operates according to the following standards regarding the use of personal information:
1. The National Library collects only personal information provided by you, willingly, with active and informed consent granted during your user registration process and\or during your request of services and\or during the purchase of tickets to cultural and educational events held by the Library from time to time.
2. The type of information collected by the Library will be determined in accordance with the purpose for which you have agreed to submit your information and\or according to the service you requested. The Library will not ask you to provide us with information beyond the scope required for the fulfillment of the collection purposes and\or the provision of the service you requested.
3. The National Library will use your personal information to provide you with services of the Library and\or through the Library.
4. The National Library will not transfer your personal information to third parties unless (a) it is required to do so by law, and\or (b) it was required to submit information to an authorized authority according to that authority's request, and\or (c) it was necessary for the provision of the requested services and you approved the transfer of the information to that third party.
5. You are entitled to request the removal of your information from the National Library database. This removal might impair the National Library's ability to provide you with certain services. Removal requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. You may contact the National Library via email@example.com, for inquiries regarding your personal information stored in the National Library’s databases.
7. The National Library is permitted to store your personal information in its database if said information is required for legal or administrative purposes, for the period required to accomplish the purpose of use. You may contact the National Library via firstname.lastname@example.org and inquire about this process.
8. The National Library's website allows for identified and anonymous browsing (as a guest). The Library's catalogue is accessible for anonymous search. The National Library will save users' IP addresses, time of access, and the number of searches, but it will not be possible to match those details to a user and those details will not be transferred to any third party.
The links are solely for the convenience of the user. Unless otherwise stipulated in this site, no legal or commercial relationship exists between the National Library and external sites not maintained by the National Library (third party sites). The National Library has no control over the content of said third party sites or the content contained therein, and bears no responsibility for this content or oversight thereof.
Links to third party sites shall not be construed as an endorsement, recommendation or preference by the National Library to third party sites, including documents and other materials to be found therein, of the operators of said sites or of products offered on said sites.
The service is provided to the public "as is"
The National Library shall not be held liable for the suitability of the service to the user's needs. Nor shall the National Library be held liable for any error , mistake, flaw, distortion or unauthorized insertion found in the material provided by the service.
The National Library shall not be held liable for any changes made in the material provided by the service if such changes were made by the user or by a third party.
The user alone shall bear all responsibility for the way in which he/she uses the service.
The National Library shall not be held liable for any loss or damage caused to the user or third parties arising directly or indirectly from the use of the service, including loss or damage due to the use of applications that were downloaded directly through the service or that were activated by using the service,
For the purposes of the above terms, the "National Library" includes its employees, agents, or any person under its hire.
Ownership and permission issues of the Eran Laor Cartographic Collection:
The original maps displayed on this site are the property of the Eran Laor Collection of the National Library of Israel. The digital images of these maps are copyright of the Jewish National and University Library and the Department of Geography of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Use of the images, as well as their reproduction or duplication, either partially or in their entirety, in either electronic or paper format is strictly limited to private study, scholarship or research. Where applicable, please acknowledge the source of the material as follows:
"The National Library of Israel", Shapell Family Digitization Project, Eran Laor Cartographic Collection and The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Dept. of Geography, Historic Cities Project."
Persons wishing to use, or obtain copies, electronic or paper, of the maps for commercial purposes, must obtain written permission from the copyright owners. Please contact us for further information regarding conditions.