The National Library's online ordering service allows users to order items to the reading rooms for viewing purposes, free of charge. Users are not required to be physically present at the Library to order items. Once registered, users can order up to 20 items at a time using the National Library's "Merhav" search tool.
Reservation period: Once ordered, items will be held at the reception desk of the requested reading room for up to 14 days.
Loan extensions: Loans may be extended for an additional 7 days but only after the item is collected from reception.
Please note that items which are not collected within 14 days will be returned to stacks.
For assistance, please contact the Reference Department via telephone: 074-733-6400 or our live chat service.
Registration for the online ordering service will provide you with an online library card that enables users to order items for in-library use. If you would like to borrow books and take them home, you must complete the full registration at the Circulation Desk, situated on the ground floor.
There are currently delays with the delivery of books of which location is listed as "new remote storage".
It takes up to 2 days for the ordered item to reach the reading rooms. When the item arrives and is available, you will be notified via e-mail.
Thank you for your patience
• From Sunday to Thursday, until 6:00 pm, and on Fridays until 10:45 am, items that are situated within the Library building will be processed on the same day they are ordered. Orders received after hours will be processed during the next working day.
• Users may keep up to 20 items under their name in a reading room.
• Items that are ordered for the first time will be held at reception for two weeks.
• Once the items are collected at reception for the first time after ordering, the loan can be extended for an additional week.
• The items remain on loan as long as the reader extends the loan every week, in the "My Account" section of the website, up to a maximum period of four months. If the loan is not extended, the item will be returned to stacks.
Note: Items must be picked-up and returned to the reading room to which they were ordered. It is the readers' responsibility to extend the loan period for items under their names.