⁨⁨Al-Quds al-Sharif⁩ - ⁨القدس الشريف⁩⁩

⁨1920⁩

You are currently viewing a newspaper from our Jrayed Collection (the Archive of Arabic Newspapers of Ottoman and Mandatory Palestine). To access the collection's specialized search tools, click here.

About this newspaper

Title: ⁨⁨Al-Quds al-Sharif⁩ - ⁨القدس الشريف⁩⁩
Available online: 13 April 1920 - 29 July 1920 (23 issues; 92 pages)
Language: ⁨Arabic⁩
Region: ⁨The Middle East⁩
Country: ⁨Mandatory Palestine⁩
City: ⁨Jerusalem⁩
Collection: ⁨Jrayed - Arabic Newspaper Archive of Ottoman and Mandatory Palestine⁩
Frequency: ⁨Twice a week⁩
Description:
Al-Quds al-Sharif's first issue was published on April 13th, 1920. The owner and manager of the paper was Hasan Sidqi al-Dajani. Al-Quds al-Sharif (Holy Jerusalem) described itself as “an independent, political biweekly Arabic newspaper.” From the very beginning, it clearly expressed its opposition to Jewish immigration into Palestine. It is worth mentioning that a newspaper of the same name came out in 1876, as the first dual-language paper in Arabic and Ottoman Turkish. It was closed soon after, but reappeared in 1903 as a weekly newspaper, which at the time was almost the only newspaper in the country. Sheikh ‘Ali al-Rimawi was in charge of editing the Arabic section of the paper, while ‘Abd al-Salam Kamal headed the editorial board of the Turkish section.
[ + Show More ]