⁨⁨Al-Lahab⁩ - ⁨اللهب⁩⁩

⁨1938⁩

⁨1939⁩

You are currently viewing a newspaper from our Jrayed Collection (the Archive of Arabic Newspapers of Ottoman and Mandatory Palestine). To access the collection's specialized search tools, click here.

About this newspaper

Title: ⁨⁨Al-Lahab⁩ - ⁨اللهب⁩⁩
Available online: 12 February 1938 - 20 January 1939 (33 issues; 149 pages)
Language: ⁨Arabic⁩
Region: ⁨The Middle East⁩
Country: ⁨Mandatory Palestine⁩
City: ⁨Jerusalem⁩
Collection: ⁨Jrayed - Arabic Newspaper Archive of Ottoman and Mandatory Palestine⁩
Frequency: ⁨Weekly⁩ / ⁨Daily⁩
Description:
Al-Lahab (The Flame) was a political, literary, social, and arts newspaper that was published in Jerusalem in 1938, despite the political crisis that affected the press at the time. The owner was Mr. Adib Gerges Khoury, and the editor-in-chief was Youssef Francis. The newspaper described itself as being the voice of the youth, and its slogan was: “One Homeland, One United People, and One Leader.” It was first intended that the newspaper would be published on a daily basis, but the ongoing difficulties prevented it from achieving that goal. Eventually, the newspaper was issued weekly and, temporarily, in magazine form. After that, the newspaper was published daily until it ceased publication in 1939.
[ + Show More ]