Al-Zahra/Zahrat al-Jamil - الزهرة
You are currently viewing a newspaper from our Jrayed Collection (the Archive of Arabic Newspapers of Ottoman and Mandatory Palestine). To access the collection's specialized search tools, click here.
About this newspaper
Title: Al-Zahra/Zahrat al-Jamil - الزهرة
Available online: 1 May 1922 - 1 May 1926 (34 issues; 2,601 pages)
Region: The Middle East
Country: Mandatory Palestine
Collection: Jrayed - Arabic Newspaper Archive of Ottoman and Mandatory Palestine
Al-Zahra was a literary, historical, and satirical magazine that was originally called Zahrat al-Jamil (Flower of the Beautiful). Its name was later changed to Al-Zahra (The Flower) in May 1922, and then again in 1927 to al-Zuhur (Flowers). The magazine was published twice a month by the National Library in Haifa. The owner and manager was Jamil al-Bahri, who lived in Haifa and contributed greatly to its cultural renaissance as one of the leading literary figures of the city; he was also one of the founders of the literature course in the city in 1922. The magazine was known for the abundance of novels and literary articles published there, including those by distinguished writers such as Wadi' Faris al-Bustani and others.
[ + Show More ][ - Show Less ]