חזרה לתוצאות החיפוש

כותר Synagogue in Alytus Detail of Eastern facade.
מקום קשור Alytus (Lithuania) - related place
מקור/בעלים אוסף המרכז לאמנות יהודית - Center for Jewish Art Collection
שנה 2007
הערת ציטוט Lithuania
Alytus County
Alytus
9 Kauno St.
מתוך CJA Jewish Architecture-9136-A330355
תקציר/הערה The synagogue is situated on the left bank of the river Nemunas in the part of town known as Alytus II. The synagogue was built in 1911, after a large fire ravaged Alytus II in 1909, in the place of a wooden synagogue that was built as early as 1857. In the first days of the Nazi occupation, the synagogue was converted into a hospital for prisoners of war, which operated there until the end of August 1941. Later it housed the locksmith workshops of the Alytus Craft School. In the Soviet period, the synagogue served as a salt warehouse, and as the building was adapted for a new purpose, the interior was changed and damaged. In 1992 a renovation project was put forward with the aim of converting the building into an art gallery. However, it has not been implemented. Today (2007) the former synagogue building is out of use and rapidly deteriorating. The synagogue was erected in so-called "brick-style", mainly from yellow bricks, using red brick to emphasize the decorative elements. The rectangular building, composed of a prayer hall in the eastern volume and a two-story western volume, is covered with a gable roof of asbestos sheets. The western volume includes a vestibule with two adjacent rooms on the ground floor, and the women's section on the first floor. The exterior of the synagogue has remained largely unchanged. Basically, the façades are treated in two ways, indicating the difference between the prayer hall with its fourteen windows and the two-story western volume. Pilasters divide the northern and southern façades into two unequal bays. Similar pilasters emphasize the corners of the building. The northern and the eastern façades facing the street are the most elaborate. Pointed arch windows of the prayer hall are decorated with pointed archivolts and topped with round pediments. Recessed narrow panels in red brick imitating gutters are placed between the arches. The windows are situated above a socle made from stripes of red and yellow brick, which, a
שפה אין תוכן מילולי
מזהה CJA Jewish Architecture-9136-A330355
מספר מערכת 997002925980405171

בכל שימוש יש לציין את מקור הפריט בנוסח הבא:

המרכז לאמנות יהודית באוניברסיטה העברית בירושלים Center for Jewish Art at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem

תנאי השימוש:

הפריט כפוף לזכויות יוצרים ו/או לתנאי הסכם. הנך רשאי/ת להשתמש בפריט לשימוש לא מסחרי לצרכי הוראה ומחקר בלבד בכפוף למתן קרדיט ליוצר/ים ולבעל האוסף. חל איסור על פגיעה בכבודו או בשמו של היוצר באמצעות סילוף או שינוי של היצירה.

שם בעל האוסף רשום במידע המפורט על הפריט בקטלוג הספרייה. בנוסף לציון שם/שמות היוצר/ים ושם בעל האוסף בעת השימוש ביצירה, נבקשך לציין כי הפריט הוא מאוסף הספרייה הלאומית.

שימוש שאינו תואם את האמור לעיל מותנה בקבלת הרשאה מבעל זכויות היוצרים בפריט ומבעל האוסף.

למידע נוסף על שירות בירור מצב זכויות היוצרים ותנאי השימוש בפריטים מאוספי הספרייה לחץ כאן.

אם לדעתך נפלה טעות בנתונים המוצגים לעיל או שקיים חשש להפרת זכות יוצרים בפריט, אנא פנה/י אלינו באמצעות דואר אלקטרוני לכתובת: copyright@nli.org.il

תצוגת MARC

יודעים עוד על הפריט? זיהיתם טעות?