חזרה לתוצאות החיפוש

כותר Great Synagogue in Kalvarija Interior, detail.
מקום קשור Kalvarija (Lithuania) - related place
מקור/בעלים אוסף המרכז לאמנות יהודית - Center for Jewish Art Collection
שנה 1993
הערת ציטוט Lithuania
Marijampolė County
Kalvarija
16 (18) Sodų St.
הערת תוכן ותקציר Ashkenazi
מתוך CJA Jewish Architecture-126-A09826
תקציר/הערה The Great Synagogue, built in 1795-1803, is currently a ruined roofless building
its roof and the ceiling collapsed in 1992-96. Its walls are ca. 1.50 m thick, built of stone and brick, and plastered. The architecture combines Baroque and Neo-Classicist features. In 1857 Leopold Salkowski measured the Great Synagogue and drew its ground plan, which shows that the main building was surrounded by annexes from three sides, except the southeast. The ground plan shows an almost square prayer hall that could be accessed by four stairs apparently descending from the vestibule. The prayer hall was surrounded with lower women's sections from the southwestern and northeastern sides. The northwestern annex included a central vestibule with two entrance doors, with two kloyzn of almost square plan on its sides, equipped with stoves. The first floor above the northwestern annex was a gallery, as the text in the drawing states
20 it was accessed via exterior staircases on the southwestern and northeastern façades. The segment-headed openings connecting the women's section with the prayer hall are shown on the plan and currently can be seen in the lower part of the southwestern wall. Four pillars surrounding the bimah (strangely enough not shown on Sałkowski's ground plan) were situated in the central part of the hall, thus dividing its space into nine bays. The traces of lunettes discernible above the windows provide evidence of the former vaulting of the hall. A postcard from the early 20th century shows the Great Synagogue surrounded with one- and two-storey annexes above which there rises an impressive Baroque gable. The building was covered with a high roof of ceramic tiles. After the damage of WWI, the Great Synagogue underwent major reconstruction: the annexes on the three sides were razed, the openings that connected them with the prayer hall bricked up, and the building was reduced to the size of the prayer hall. The women's section was installed on a new U-shaped g
שפה אין תוכן מילולי
מזהה CJA Jewish Architecture-126-A09826
מספר מערכת 997000309970405171

בכל שימוש יש לציין את מקור הפריט בנוסח הבא:

המרכז לאמנות יהודית באוניברסיטה העברית בירושלים Center for Jewish Art at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem

תנאי השימוש:

הפריט כפוף לזכויות יוצרים ו/או לתנאי הסכם. הנך רשאי/ת להשתמש בפריט לשימוש לא מסחרי לצרכי הוראה ומחקר בלבד בכפוף למתן קרדיט ליוצר/ים ולבעל האוסף. חל איסור על פגיעה בכבודו או בשמו של היוצר באמצעות סילוף או שינוי של היצירה.

שם בעל האוסף רשום במידע המפורט על הפריט בקטלוג הספרייה. בנוסף לציון שם/שמות היוצר/ים ושם בעל האוסף בעת השימוש ביצירה, נבקשך לציין כי הפריט הוא מאוסף הספרייה הלאומית.

שימוש שאינו תואם את האמור לעיל מותנה בקבלת הרשאה מבעל זכויות היוצרים בפריט ומבעל האוסף.

למידע נוסף על שירות בירור מצב זכויות היוצרים ותנאי השימוש בפריטים מאוספי הספרייה לחץ כאן.

אם לדעתך נפלה טעות בנתונים המוצגים לעיל או שקיים חשש להפרת זכות יוצרים בפריט, אנא פנה/י אלינו באמצעות דואר אלקטרוני לכתובת: copyright@nli.org.il

תצוגת MARC
Great Synagogue in Kalvarija Interior, detail – הספרייה הלאומית
תגיות

יודעים עוד על הפריט? זיהיתם טעות?