⁨⁨Sawt al-Sha'b⁩ - ⁨صوت الشعب⁩⁩

⁨1929⁩

⁨1930⁩

⁨1931⁩

⁨1932⁩

⁨1933⁩

⁨1934⁩

⁨1935⁩

You are currently viewing a newspaper from our Jrayed Collection (the Archive of Arabic Newspapers of Ottoman and Mandatory Palestine). To access the collection's specialized search tools, click here.

About this newspaper

Title: ⁨⁨Sawt al-Sha'b⁩ - ⁨صوت الشعب⁩⁩
Available online: 5 January 1929 - 2 March 1935 (391 issues; 2,007 pages)
Language: ⁨Arabic⁩
Region: ⁨The Middle East⁩
Country: ⁨Mandatory Palestine⁩
City: ⁨Bethlehem⁩
Collection: ⁨Jrayed - Arabic Newspaper Archive of Ottoman and Mandatory Palestine⁩
Frequency: ⁨Weekly⁩
Description:
Sawt al-Sha'b (Voice of the People) was a weekly political newspaper. It was established by Dr. Youssef Abu Al-'Araj, and was then managed by Youssef Ya'qub Al-Dabdub, and later on, by Saba Bandak. The license holder and editor-in-chief was 'Issa Al-Bandak, who continued to edit the newspaper even after becoming mayor of Bethlehem. The newspaper was published from 1922 until its closure with the outbreak of World War II, and then resumed publication in 1947. In its early years, the newspaper was printed at the Mir'at al-Sharq Press in Jerusalem, and after that it opened its own printing press in Bethlehem. It continued to publish the newspaper (intermittently) until 1957 when it closed permanently. The newspaper carried the banner of defending Arabism in particular and the East in general, and focused primarily on these subjects.
[ + Show More ]