Al-Manhal - المنهل
You are currently viewing a newspaper from our Jrayed Collection (the Archive of Arabic Newspapers of Ottoman and Mandatory Palestine). To access the collection's specialized search tools, click here.
About this newspaper
Title: Al-Manhal - المنهل
Available online: 1 September 1913 - 1 September 1913 (1 issues; 42 pages)
Region: The Middle East
Country: Ottoman Palestine
Collection: Jrayed - Arabic Newspaper Archive of Ottoman and Mandatory Palestine
Al-Manhal (The Fountain) was an occassionally illustrated literary, historical, and social magazine published monthly in Jerusalem by Al-Munadi press. Its owner was Muhammad Musa Al-Maghrabi, who also edited Al-Nadi. The first issue was published in 1912; the magazine lasted only for one year. Al-Manhal was one of the first magazines to be issued in Palestine in general, and Jerusalem in particular. It was preceded by Al-Nafai'is by Khalil Baidas, which was published from 1908-1923. In the September 1st, 1913 issue, the magazine paid tribute to Mr. Ruhi Bek Al-Khalidi by publishing his article “Introduction to Arabic Literature in Palestine,” along with a detailed biography of al-Khalidi. The reason behind the magazine’s short tenure is unknown. It may have been because of an internal issue with the magazine's management or externally related to the outbreak of the First World War in 1914.
[ + Show More ][ - Show Less ]