⁨⁨The Arab College "al-Kuliyya al-'Arabiyya"⁩ - ⁨الكلية العربية⁩⁩

⁨1928⁩

⁨1929⁩

⁨1930⁩

⁨1931⁩

⁨1932⁩

⁨1933⁩

⁨1934⁩

⁨1935⁩

⁨1936⁩

⁨1937⁩

⁨1938⁩

You are currently viewing a newspaper from our Jrayed Collection (the Archive of Arabic Newspapers of Ottoman and Mandatory Palestine). To access the collection's specialized search tools, click here.

About this newspaper

Title: ⁨⁨The Arab College "al-Kuliyya al-'Arabiyya"⁩ - ⁨الكلية العربية⁩⁩
Available online: 1 December 1928 - 10 July 1938 (31 issues; 2,436 pages)
Language: ⁨Arabic⁩
Region: ⁨The Middle East⁩
Country: ⁨Mandatory Palestine⁩
City: ⁨Jerusalem⁩
Collection: ⁨Jrayed - Arabic Newspaper Archive of Ottoman and Mandatory Palestine⁩
Frequency: ⁨Monthly⁩ / ⁨Quarterly⁩
Description:
Dar al-Mu'allimin (House of Teachers) was the first printed journal issued after the First World War in 1920 by the Arab Teachers College in Jerusalem. It covered the affairs of teachers, students, and alumni. The magazine attempted to review various local and international education methods. On the seventh anniversary of its inception, the school's journal changed its name to al-Kuliyya al-'Arabiyya (The Arab College), following the same change in the institution's name, under the leadership of Khalil al-Sakakini and Khalil Tutah, followed by Ahmad Samih Al-Khalidi. The journal was edited by students and alumni, and many students took positions in the editorial board. In 1932, the journal shifted from being published monthly to quarterly. Exceptionally, Samih al-Khalidi published his book “Education Systems” serially of some issues published between 1932 and 1935. The journal ceased publishing in 1948, following the political turmoil and instability that ravaged the country.
[ + Show More ]