Dar al-Mu'allimin ( Al-Kulliyya al-Arabiyya) - دار المعلمين
You are currently viewing a newspaper from our Jrayed Collection (the Archive of Arabic Newspapers of Ottoman and Mandatory Palestine). To access the collection's specialized search tools, click here.
About this newspaper
Title: Dar al-Mu'allimin ( Al-Kulliyya al-Arabiyya) - دار المعلمين
Available online: 1 January 1922 - 28 February 1926 (21 issues; 567 pages)
Region: The Middle East
Country: Mandatory Palestine
Collection: Jrayed - Arabic Newspaper Archive of Ottoman and Mandatory Palestine
Frequency: Monthly / Quarterly
Dar al-Mu'allimin (House of Teachers) was the first printed journal issued after the First World War in 1920 by the Arab Teachers College in Jerusalem. It covered news concerning teachers, students, and alumni. The magazine attempted to review various local and international education methods. On the seventh anniversary of its inception, the school's journal changed its name to al-Kuliyya al-'Arabiyya (The Arab College), following the same change in the institution's name, under the leadership of Khalil al-Sakakini and Khalil Tutah, followed by Ahmad Samih Al-Khalidi. The journal was edited by students and alumni, and many students took positions on the editorial board. In 1932, the journal shifted from being published monthly to quarterly. Exceptionally, Samih al-Khalidi published his book “Education Systems” serially in issues published between 1932 and 1935. The journal ceased publication in 1948, following the political turmoil and instability that ravaged the country.
[ + Show More ][ - Show Less ]