Services Available at the Library Building
Reading Room Services:
• The Library's opening hours have changed, we will be open Sunday-Thursday, 09:00-16:00. The Library will be closed on Fridays.
• Our available services include: the Judaica-Islam Reading Room, the Humanities Reading Room, the Scholem Collection, Archives, Special Collections and Manuscripts, book borrowing services, photocopying services and the reference desk.
Services which will remain unavailable for the time being: the Music Room and the Central Archives for the History of the Jewish People
Rooms in which service will be provided on the basis of advance coordination with the collection librarian: To arrange visits to the Laor Collection contact Ayelet.Rubin@nli.org.il, to visit the Edelstein Collection contact Chaya.MeierHerr@nli.org.il.
• Visits to the Library will be allowed on a basis of 3-hour shifts per person, which must be reserved ahead of time. We will put in place a system for reserving visits, which will allow you to register and arrive at a time which suits you. To be clear – readers who arrive without a reservation will not be allowed entry to the Library.
• The amount of seating available in the Library has been adjusted to meet the requirements of the "purple badge" standard and thus has been reduced: partitions have been constructed and 30 seats are now available in the Humanities Reading Room as well as 25 seats in the Judaica Reading Room. These seats are numbered.
The visit reservation system will automatically allocate you a numbered seat. All visitors will be required to sit in their allocated seats; it will not be possible to sit elsewhere.
• The public computer area adjacent to the Library entrance, as well as the one in the Music Room, will be closed. Some of the public computers in the reopened reading rooms will be available for use.
We recommend using your own personal laptop because of the limited amount of available computers. In addition, you can order a laptop at the circulation desk.
• We recommend ordering your desired books ahead of time, before you arrive at the Library for your reserved visit. Contact us if you need help or guidance.
• Some of the microfilm readers will be available for public use.
• The public printers will be available.
• Once you have finished browsing through a book, kindly return it yourself to its place on the shelf.
Borrowing Books to Take Home
• The circulation desk will be active for the extent of Library opening hours.
• There is no need to book a reservation to collect books to take home. Books will be collected at the circulation desk, for which there will be a separate line.
• Books are to be returned to the carts which will be placed at the Library entrance. In accordance with Health Ministry instructions, books that are returned to the Library after home use and books ordered from remote stacks will be set aside for a period of three days before then being processed.
The return of these books will then be registered by our computerized system once the interim three day period has passed. No fees will be charged as a result of tardy returns caused by the interim period between the actual return date and the registered return date.
• For your convenience, here is the direct telephone number of the circulation department: 074-733-6414
Health Statement: Ahead of your arrival to the university campus, you must fill out a health statement by clicking on the following link
You must present the health statement at the entrance to the campus. You will not be permitted to enter the campus if your health statement has not been filled out ahead of time. Please follow instructions to avoid any awkward situations.
Photocopying and Scanning
• Only four people at a time will be allowed into the photocopying center in the Judaica Reading Room.
• While waiting in line to enter the photocopying center, a distance of 2 meters must be preserved between people, in accordance with the markings placed before the entrance to the room.
• Self-use photocopiers and scanners have been placed throughout the reading rooms and in the adjacent area (the Ardon Hall). Here as well, a distance of 2 meters must be preserved in accordance with the markings.
• Your reserved visit includes the time required for photocopying and scanning purposes. It will not be possible to use the machines after the end of the designated time period. Please take this into account.
Hygiene and Following Health Ministry Instructions
• Cleaning services will be increased during this period.
• Seating areas will be cleaned between visitation shifts.
• Disinfectant materials and wipes for disinfecting surfaces will be made available.
• Please avoid gathering in groups and follow instructions.
The cafeteria will operate in accordance with Health Ministry rules for cafes and restaurants, serving hot and cold beverages, sandwiches and pastries (take-away only). Customers must preserve a distance of 2 meters from each other.
It will not be possible to sit at the tables in this area. Enjoy the nice spring weather and have a picnic on the grass outside :-)
It will not be possible to conduct group prayers.
You may leave your deposits at reception, without waiting in line.